There are parades of people who have begun blogging and still many more have started running their own sites, but they don’t know what SEO is or how to implement it. SEO plainly stands for Search Engine Optimization, and this is where one would construct their web pages and implement some techniques to help rank the particular website as high as possible on the results provided by a search engine like; Google. The higher your website ranks in these results the more traffic it is bound to get. An SEO can be split into two different categories which would be On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
You can probably tell by the names but, on-page means and refers to all the things you can do and change on your website to rank it higher in the search results, such as titles, internal links, descriptions, etc. Now we will specifically be looking at On-page SEO techniques that are followed by some trustworthy Chicago SEO companies and also some practical ways to increase the page rankings on search engines like Google, Yahoo! bing, and many more.
- Title of the page: the titles are one of the most crucial SEO factors on the website. Each page and post must have its own unique title which should correlate to the gist of the page and also must contain keywords for the page. Example: when you write a blog about a new lasagna recipe that you like, include the word lasagna with the title, so you could make it, “easy to do lasagna recipe.”
- Meta Descriptions: Many individuals tend to forget to include the meta descriptions for their pages because they are insanely important places to accommodate keywords based on your content since they are used within the results of the searches when your page would be listed.
- Meta Tags: these can include keywords on each of your web pages; they should all be relevant to your content which you will have previously researched. WordPress plugin can be used in all sites which would allow an entrance to all meta tag keywords, descriptions and page title. This inserts all the information into the page HTML format for you.
- Structure of URL: URLs that include keywords that are targeted even perform better. The location of the keywords can be a significant influence.
- The density of keywords: putting in relevant keywords throughout the entirety of your content is incredibly paramount as it assists search engines to work out what your content is all about. It is also essential that you don’t overly repeat and overuse the same keywords just for the sake of the search engine robots. This action can even lead to your website being banned from the above search engines.